Media and Communications Officer - full or part time
Delivering high quality proactive and reactive media and stakeholder communications, to enhance the public profile and reputation of the charity.
Closing date: 15.07.16
Hours: Full time or part time with flexible hours
Salary: £21,000 pro rata
The Deer Initiative Partnership was established in 1995 to promote the sustainable management of wild deer in England, and was extended to Wales in 1999. We are a broad partnership of statutory, voluntary and private organisations with a shared vision for the sustainable management of wild deer. The Deer Initiative works with a wide range of stakeholders to tackle all of these challenges, and we help our Partners in Government to develop the right framework to support this.
About the role
The Media and Communications Officer will
- act as a point of contact for media and stakeholder enquiries – including with communication colleagues in government departments and NGOs
- deliver PR strategies and communications plans for a range of DI projects and media drives
- write effective press releases, blogs and articles for national, local and specialist media
- use social media channels to spread the reach of our work and public engagement with it
- be digitally savvy, able to upload and develop content to our websites
- have the confidence to give media relations advice at all levels of the organisation and to articulate our messages to stakeholders across the sector
- work in calm, agile fashion when the pressure is on and have experience of crisis communications and reputation management
- have experience of media monitoring and produce regular reports to show the measurable impact of our work
- become familiar with internal communications and develop the provision of support in this area
We are looking for an exceptional individual who is passionate about making modern public relations work for the organisation.
You’ll get a buzz out of seeing your work in the national media and you’ll have an intuitive feel for adding value to fast-moving conversations on social media.
A strong writer who thinks creatively about PR opportunities and building relationships with journalists, bloggers and other authors in our sector, you can also create concise communications plans with meticulous attention to detail.
To apply for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com by Friday 15th July 2016.